Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First day of snow...xplain





7:02 am I went into Austin's room to get him up for school. He sleeps on the top bunk of the bunk beds. He sits up in bed if he hears me come in, and when he hasn't gotten enough sleep he will sit up and then scoot the furthest away from the edge of the bed making it hard for me to get him! Well this morning was one of those days but then I whispered "Austin, it's snowing" he popped right up and went to look out the window, he was so excited!!! When the time to pick Austin up from school the snow had all melted and there wasn't any snow on the ground. I knew he would be upset...luckily on our way home there was a little mini blizzard and there were a few inches on the ground...Alyssa was just as excited and wanted to go play too!!! They quickly ate their lunch and headed outside!!! They made snow angels and at some snow too!!! "but not the dirty kind" Alyssa said....I of course was the one that made them come inside, they love it out there!!! Now the snow is starting to melt once again...they act like I am making it happen...Alyssa is in her room crying about it right now, I know she is just tired, but why do I feel bad about something I can't control??? Austin was okay with it once I explained to him that it's a good thing that it's melting now, so he can show off his costume on Halloween...wish me luck I am going to try to explain it to Alyssa....

3 comments:

Kurt & Jen said...

You guys got so much snow!! That's crazy! We just got a few sprinkles. But I'm okay with that because I'm not ready for the winter... BURRRR.....

Carlye Momma said...

I LOVE this time of year!!! DUDE!!! The sweetest pictures dear! LOVE THEM!

Loftus' said...

Fun! You guys got a TON of snow!