Monday, September 17, 2007

Home Sweet Home

On Saturday morning before we left California we were able to make it back to Newport Beach and we spent a few hours. We had so much fun!! Austin loved going into the ocean about waist deep and try to run from the crashing waves. He also liked exploring and find the sea shells and the sea weed (yuck) on the beach. We built a sand castle and people watched and had a blast!! Alyssa on the other hand was so excited ranout to the water when a wave came in and knocked her over and then she was not happy with the water so she stayed on the beach and played with her little cousin Haylie who liked to EAT the sand. Us "bigger kids" because thats what adults are on vacation are kids in big bodies. We went out in the ocean and tried to not get clobbered by the waves and did a little body surfing and wave jumping but just as we were leaving I went out for one last hoorah! When I got clobbered...it knocked the sunglasses off my head I felt around for them and finally got a hold when another one came and crashed down on me and then they were lost forever....I had just bought them and they were a way cute knock off pair of Dolce and Gabanna that I had just bought in Hollywood...and on top of it all I had salty sea water in my eyes and mouth (yuck!) We had so much fun, I would move down there right on the beach in split second....unfortunately for us and fortunately for our parents the teeny tiny condos on the beach were 2.6 million (yowzers!!)
We then made the dreaded drive home...we stayed another night in Las Vegas and realized that we had all been sun burned and then the next morning we got to do the 6 hour uncomfortable drive home. We had so much fun!! I am so glad we were able to go..this was the best vacation ever!!
It is going to be impossible to post the 550 pictures that I took so I will just post highlights from each place....enjoy!

5 comments:

Keri West said...

Your pictures are awesome! I can't wait to come up and visit and actually get to hear about all the fun stuff you did. And those 550 pictures make me so proud! :)

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be proud!! I hope you are serious because I might just make you look at all 550 of them : )

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guy shad so much fun! That's awesome. I'm so jealous, I can't wait until we can go on a vacation with our little ones. Oh and your pictures are so cute!

Anonymous said...

ha ha I meant ...you guys had... I can't spell

Chad and Kristen said...

we will have to plan a vacation together maybe go on a Disney Cruise.....
as for the misspelling I thought you were just starting a new trend that I "shad" never heard of :) -that was lame