Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!

As I am sure you all know, because the date is circled over and over again in red on your calendar. My Birthday is on August 21st. On Saturday I got an early birthday present....

Olympus Evolt E-510 camera
Look what I can do (remember this is my first day with my camera and I am still learning everything that it can do and how to use it):





I am so happy!! You may want to save copies of my pictures as one day they will be worth a lot of money, when I am a professional money making photographer!!!
Thank you Rich for all of your knowledge about photography and cameras and your patience with all my questions and deer in the headlights looks at you! I'm loving it already and I still have no idea what I am doing!! Thanks again!!
Thanks Chad you are the BEST!!! Love you!!!

8 comments:

Lynch said...

Those are really good pictures! And happy early birthday!! We need to go to lunch for your real b-day!

Miranda said...

oooh...thats pretty!! The flowers are nice too. ;)

Stake Primary Presidency said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stake Primary Presidency said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!! You are an awesome women, mom, and friend...

Casey and Diana said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm so freakin jealous right now. That's awesome! You're already a pro those pictures look great I can't imagine what you'll be able to do when you completely master it! I'm so excited for you. And hey, I'm glad you had a good time at the book party. Laura and my mom said it was fun and I think they ended up just going somewhere else to buy it at the end too.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Isin't it great having a nice camera? Totally worth the $$$. Happy birthday!

Miranda said...

was I supposed to read "Look what I can do" in Stewart's voice? Or is that just how I think of you?

Anonymous said...

Your flower photos are lovely. I looked over at your photography blog as well - you seem to have a great sense of composition and ability to pose people. Very important. I would encourage you to also be aware of your light - use natural light whenever you can, rather than direct flash, and eventually borrow, rent or buy an off camera flash (the kind that can tilt and swivel) - bounced flash is a totally different animal from direct, on-camera flash. Just keep practicing!
Aren't dSLRs wonderful!