Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Public Apology to my Dear Sweet Husband...


Chad was/is a Harry Potter fanatic. He would pre-order his book, go to these hilarious "parties" at the book store. Where there were people dressed up as their favorite character, from the book. We saw the movie on opening "day" (Usually the midnight showing) We waited in line in the morning to get a wristband and waited in line again in the evening to pick up the book at exactly 12:01am to make sure not one moment of reading time was missed, even though usually sleep won the battle of finishing the book, the first night. And I don't know how embarrassed Chad will be at me telling this, but...Yes, Chad even bought himself a wooden wand, complete with velvet carrying case, so he could preform spells, just like Harry. And there I was beside him laughing, pointing, giggling, joking. Making fun of him every step of the way. Not understanding how anyone could be so foolish as to become this obsessed, dare I say infatuated, with a book and it's characters.


Well, last night, Chad had the last laugh. As I put on my t-shirt that I made with a huge grin on my face with my iron on letters and decal. I headed out the door to one of those book stores where again there were people dressed up as their favorite characters, however I took it a step further and actually got my picture taken with these people. It had to have been over 100 degrees in there, but I wasn't going to go outside to cool off, and possibly miss a moment of the chaos going on around me. I stood in a herd of people with my hands waving in the air, screaming "over here, over here" as I waited for a fake bouquet toss. I too, stood in line to buy my book at 12:01 am and if that weren't bad enough, they weren't getting to my number, or letter rather fast enough, that I called my sister and had her run to the local grocery store to see if she could get it any faster, and when she could I quickly left and met her to pick up my book, sped home and read until the words were blurring into each other and then I tore myself away from the book and forced myself into bed.

So Chad I am sorry, for all the teasing and giggling and joke making I made at your expense. Because, I now, am one of you, one that fall in love with a book and it's characters. For Shame.

Thank you to my partners in crime for a fun night: Miranda and her very patient husband Jeff, Ashley and Jen)

Breaking Dawn



This is a video of the Bouquet Toss, that was a total flop. It hit the ceiling and I'm not even sure if there was a winner...

5 comments:

Angie said...

I was there too. Yes. Pathetic. Grown women. Mothers. All throwing ourselves at teenage vampires. *wink* We'll have to swap stories. :)

Viki said...

When I read the story about the "parties" I was wondering which store you were at. While I am an avid reader at times -- husband? kids? I have them? -- I am NOT an avid maniac. I haven't yet checked out this series. I wonder if they are in our library or through our county's book-loan program. Even when the Beatles arrived in my pre-teen years, I liked them but I wasn't one of the crazed fans and I definitely am not an Elvis-ite. I must admit, though, that in my late teens, I was a bit "Quentin-crazed" who was a character in the soap opera "Dark Shadows" about, what else?, vampires.

Ashley said...

hello fancy pants. your oh so welcome for that loverly half shake of mine. I had quite thee fun time! :)

flygirl said...

Glad to know there's another fan in the Spencer clan! However, it's Jacob all the way for me. Edward seems too femmy!!! Sorry gal. Let me know if you like the book. I just picked it up today...not at 12:01.

Miranda said...

Kristen! IT was sooo much fun! Thank you!