Monday, July 14, 2008

Ahoy Matey!

Austin decided (with my help) to have a pirate party this year! (Hey, I am going to choose while I can, because I know in a few years, maybe even next year, I am not going to have a say in the matter)
Every year I try to make a fun cake. This year I decided to make a Treasure Chest Cake. Do I have any experience making cakes...NO! Why do I think I can do these things? I guess it's because I like to torture myself. No it wasn't that bad, it just took a little while to make. What made it all worth it was when Austin said...
"WOW!! That's the bestest cake I've ever seen!!" Mission Accomplished.


We had the whole family over and had lunch, and then the kids went on a Treasure Hunt. Heres the story, I was cleaning out the fireplace and I found an old treasure map:


So I needed all of there help to follow the map and help me find the treasure. It had us hopping on one foot spinning in circles, jumping on the trampoling, walking the plank, hopping like a frog and digging up the clue along with some treats to find the treasure. Then we all raced inside to find that the treasure was a Treasure Chest (pinata) but we didn't have a key so we had to break it open, with a bat!



Austin got so many fun and great gifts!! He even got up at the end, and in his gentleman voice said thank you to everyone. We had cake while he opend his presents He LOVED having everyone sing 'Happy Birthday'to him, he even sang along!!


Thank you to everyone who came and helped out, you really made the party special and something we'll always remember!! We have the BEST family anyone could ask for!!

7 comments:

Viki said...

A very happy 4th birthday to you, Austin. You make an "incredible" Hulk! My baby, Margo, is having her final "teen" birthday -- # 19 - this Friday, July 18. Look out, Chad and Kristen, your cuties will be out of the house and on their own before you wake up. All our love from Arizona -- Viki

Cami said...

You should be proud of that cake. It is impressive!

Cami said...

Hi. Me again. I don't have your e-mail so...
I don't own any of Stephenie Meyers' books. (you'd think so, huh?) I get mine from the library.

Lynch said...

Wow!! I am recruiting to plan Noah's birthday party. That looks like so much fun. Now I am even more sad that we missed the party. Noah thinks those pictures are so silly!! What a great mom you are!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Wow! Great cake. You are such a good Mama!

Brooke said...

I love the cake! You are so creative. Happy Birthday Austin!

Stake Primary Presidency said...

It is amazing the things you can do for your child, ah? Everything turned out really good...The cake, the map wow!!Good job! you can see in his little face how happy he was, was worth it!!